Welcome to the only Leather training Academy Kimberley
Become one of Southern Africa's top leather manufacturers.
This leather craft course will enable you to start your own home based leather business. Even if you have never worked with leather, in ten days we can teach you the manufacturing skills to make top quality genuine leather handbags, briefcases, travel bags, belts, leather smalls etc.
This is a course in hand and not machine manufacturing. You will learn by designing and making actual products – at least one hand stitched belt, one handbag, one briefcase or travel bag, a set of manufacturing examples and range of smalls altogether valued at more than R4000. Training is done in an actual workshop.
Training cost consists of and includes: YOU GET:
1. One training manual per learner in leather hand manufacturing.
2. Seventy five man-hours experiential tuition in classic leather craft. Practical training on actual projects including one major project. Training hours are from 08.00 to 16.30 daily. No training or catering will be done on Saturdays and Sundays.
3. Tools – Basic set of tools per learner.
4. All leather, fittings and chemicals used during training is supplied.
5. Products made valued at more than R4000.
6. Leather tools and equipment sourcing information.
7. You join us for all, excluding weekend meals.
8. Accommodation at our in-house self catering guesthouse.
You can reach us at +27 722 210 200. We are looking forward to hearing from you. You can also contact us at our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy has trained 308 students from Brazil, the UK, the USA, all over Africa and South Africa the last 7 years. Our unique experiential course is based on our in-house manual authored by Frik van Jaarsveld.